CYBV 473 will provide students with advanced practical applications of Python programming to support offensive and defensive cybersecurity operations. A crosscut of Python concepts, tools, and techniques will be presented. Students will use interactive programming activities to master and create advanced Python tools to support common cybersecurity tasks.
The student will:
- Apply the basic building blocks of the Python scripting language.
- Demonstrate how to build a password cracker with Python
- Evaluate how Python can be used to script attacks for penetration testing
- Implement Python to support digital forensic investigation tasks
- Conduct network analysis and monitoring using the Python scripting language
- Utilize the Python scripting language to build customized tools to sniff, parse and exploit the 802.11 and Bluetooth wireless protocols
- Design and develop web scraping and anonymous web browsing tools using Python
- Demonstrate how Antivirus protections can be evaded/bypassed with simple Python scripts